Wednesday, July 29, 2009

indie mp-3 Review

Reviews are so exciting! ...
First off, I’d like to do a quick introduction. My name is Doug. I’ll be the new contributor. I’m excited to be here. Like most of you guys, I’ve been following indie-mp3 forever. I’ll try hard to steer you to some great music.

First, let’s start with Summer Cats. This five piece band from Australia is on one of my favorite labels, Slumberland Records. Us bloggers should get together and give Slumberland some sort of award. I don’t think they’ve released a bad record yet this year. So it comes as no surprise to hear me say good things about Summer Cats and their debut album, Songs For Tuesday.
I’ve had the album for a few days now but just now found the time to give it a good listen. The album falls right into place with the sound Slumberland is putting out right now. It’s guitar pop with just a hint of noise pop. The band could never get away with a name like Summer Cats without having summery songs. A lot of their songs have an early 90’s indie sound. You can tell they are influenced by bands like Heavenly. I think one my favorite songs on the album is Wild Rice. I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s the harmonica. It reminds me of The Housemartins, so that always makes me happy. I think it sounds a little more full than some of the other songs too.

Oh, and go to Slumberland’s website. www.slumberlandrecords.com
They have a picture of the Summer Cat’s vinyl on the main page. I seriously want that thing. It’s awesome looking.

indiemp3

No comments:

Post a Comment